Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sarah from Sugar Dipes

Hi, my name is Sarah! I am the owner of Sugar Dipes, an online store with premier cloth diapers and accessories. I am a mother to a gorgeous almost 3 year old daughter. I have been married to my best friend for 5 years.

I am very passionate about cloth diapers. If you would have told me this 2 years ago, I wouldn't have believed you. I had a very different opinion about cloth diapering. My grandma cloth diapered her 7 children, my mom cloth diapered my sister for a short time (pretty much until she pooped). So my feelings toward cloth diapering was I will stick to disposables.

When Savannah was a few months old, this is when everything changed. Her pediatrician told me Savannah had ezcema in her diaper area. I was to give her benadryl and some steriod cream to help her. I changed her every 2-3 hours. Her skin didn't get better. It wasn't until we moved to the Chicago area and the pediatrician said Savannah didn't have ezcema. With either pediatrician no one ever mentioned switching to cloth diapers.

It wasn't until Savannah was 20 months old and I tried every brand of disposables that a friend of mine started cloth diapering her daughter. I saw this and thought maybe I should try this. After all they were adorable! So I talked my husband into letting me try the cloth diapers. It only took about a week for me to see amazing results. Savannah's skin was clear!! No more itching, no more red bumps; it was amazing really!

I started to read more and more about cloth diapers. I quickly found that a lot of babies have horrible reactions to the toxins and chemicals in disposables. Savannah was one of them. I started to feel bad because if I would have known this information Savannah's skin would have been clear a lot sooner. After the many hours of research, I decided that cloth diapers are absolutely the best option for baby and the earth.


I decided to open Sugar Dipes so I can educate others on cloth diapers and hope to change the stereotype that cloth diapers have. It isn't bad, unhealthy, or gross. It is no different than disposables; except you save a ton of money and help out the environment!

Here at Sugar Dipes we proudly sell premier cloth diapers such as bumGenius, Nifty Nappy, FuzziBunz, Knickernappies, RumpaRooz, and SoftBums and many more!!





Spread the fluffy love,
Sarah

Fan us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sugardipes
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/sugardipes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cloth Diaper Retailer Cooperative Copyright © 2010 Cloth Diaper Retailer Cooperative