Happy Veteran's Day!
I am Kathleen, owner of Cottontail Baby and its sister site, Mamaclothonline and a proud member of the Cloth Diaper Retailer Cooperative. This is usually my favorite time of year. My young sons get so excited about Halloween and all three of them have birthdays in October or November. Those celebrations plus all the family fun of Thanksgiving make these late Fall weeks party central around here. So, all happiness, all fun, all the time. All the time, that is, until I read the newspaper.
The news many days is bleak and sad, unfortunately. Not many truly joyful things make the front page. However, lately, everything just seems particularly bad. The tragic and unbelievable activities unfolding at Penn State, the sordid accusations in the Presidential campaign, the teetering economy in Greece, earthquakes in Turkey, flooding in Thailand, even pox parties. What is going on?
I noticed that several of my friends are updating their Facebook statuses each day with an item for which they are Thankful. A wonderful November tradition. Instead of writing this month's blog about Happy Heiny diapers, which was my original intention, I decided instead to write about what I am thankful for. Thankful both as a mom and as an owner of a Cloth Diaper business. I am still going to do a Happy Heiny giveaway so one of you can have something to be thankful for as well.
I am Thankful for the following Cloth Diaper products
1. Happy Heiny reusable training pants that can be customized to fit any child no matter how big or how small
2. Kozy Designs Wool Shorties with whimsical designs always make me smile
3. Mommy's Touch mamacloth in luxurious, gorgeous, bright brocade
4. Lori's Nursing Necklaces customized with each child's name make breastfeeding easier
5. Swaddlebees wipes in lime and lemon make even messy jobs fun
6. Northern Essence products...all of them....can't choose a favorite they are all so good
7. Imse Vimse cloth trainer three packs in jungle and Magic Dragon. So much more fun than the ubiquitous cartoon characters or disposable training pants
8. The wonderful utility of a prefold diaper. We use them for EVERYTHING around here
9. The new bumGenius 4.0s in Einstein and Lovelace. LOVE the new prints and LOVE their inspiration
10. Leslie's wet bags in each and every size. We use them for diapers, for wet swimming suits and for snack bags.
As a Mom I am Thankful for
1. Healthy and happy kids
2. A wonderful husband
3. Great schools and teachers
4. Supportive mom friends. No mommy wars in my world, THANKFULLY
5. Fun and friendly neighbors who are always willing to lend a hand
6. Tuesday and Thursday morning spinning classes
7. Other parents who volunteer to coach, be room parents, chaperone the field trips and carpool. My life would be so much more difficult with them not in it.
8. Sherri the barrista at my local Target's Starbucks. She always remembers my order and greets me with a smile
9. The Math Bingo app on my iPad which has lived up to its billing as a truly educational and fun tool
10. Date Night!!!
This month, we are giving away one of Happy Heinys super cute and super fun holiday One Size diaper. This cute bright green diaper with red snaps will be perfect all December on your little one. In order to enter the giveaway, please
1. Comment below about why you are thankful
2. Fan Cottontail Baby on Facebook
3. Fan the Cloth Diaper Retailer Cooperative on Facebook
4. Join the Cottontail Baby mailing list