Call it what you want, this is PRIME season for starting to get your toddler out of diapers. The weather is warming up and you can let them run around without pants inside or outside your house. Now I'm the first to say I'm not an expert on potty training, so I won't spend time writing on that topic. Though, I have certainly learned A LOT on the topic from going through it with my first child!
These trainers are like a fitted cloth diaper in that they won't leak if a little bit of pee ends up in the learner. It isn't, however, waterproof. Here are some top reasons why we love Little Beetle Trainers:
1. They are super soft organic cotton=comfortable and they feel it when they are wet.
2. They have snaps on both sides if your toddler decides to go poo poo in it-SO much better than sliding it down.
3. They can be worn like underwear underneath clothes AND can be pulled up and down by your child.
4. If you add a doubler and throw on a cover, you can use it if you want to take a break on the learning process and it is functional cloth diaper.
5. They look like big kid underwear (which for our daughter was a big deal)!
6. You're not throwing money in the trash for those expensive pull up disposables.
7. It's healthier against the skin compared to most disposables.
Whether you've never given a thought to cloth diapers and are hoping to encourage your toddler out of disposable diapers, or you are continuing cloth beyond the diapers, these trainers are a great option.
Finally, I have a couple accessories to recommend when you begin this process.
1. GroVia BioWipes- Made from a plant source, these wet wipes help the toddler (and you) with the poopies on the toilet. One last wipe after she/he has wiped himself, so you won't have messy underwear. We also used these when training "on the go".
2. GroVia BioLiners- Let's face it, the poopies at this stage are really not fun to clean up. These liners go on top of the trainer so in case they aren't comfortable yet pooping in the toilet, all you do is take off the liner and flush everything down.
3. Diaper Sprayer- If you haven't already purchased one of these yet, your experience during this process will be really enhanced with one of these. If you plan on using a portable potty seat, these sprayers are the BEST at cleaning it out. If you skip the Bioliners and have poopies in the underwear for awhile, a sprayer really does the job with minimal mess for you. We use the sprayer for many other uses to, so you'll have plenty of excuses to use it (cleaning the bathroom, filling up buckets, bidet, etc).
4. Prefolds- If you've already invested in prefolds, don't put them away yet. These are excellent at soaking up accidents in record time. We'd keep them in a bin around the house, so if we needed to wipe up an accident it was ready for use. And the bonus is that you won't need to buy a lot of paper towels and they can be washed with the trainers!
Good luck to you and your new adventure!