Monday, October 4, 2010

Blueberry One Size Minky Diaper

My name is Sharni, and I own and run the Nappy Shoppe. The kids in these pictures are Natalie (the blond), my son Braden (the red head), and Kinsley (the brunette).


Can a super pretty diaper be as good functionally as well? I was rather skeptical about the Blueberry Minky diaper. I mean this thing was made for looks, right? I have bought some diapers in the past that were made for looks, and I could not put them on my son at nap time, because they would leak, or I could expect to change them within the hour. Often when a luxury material is used on the outside, wicking can occur. So this is what I expected of the Blueberry Minky One Size diaper.

I decided to use them in a photo shoot we had, after all they are stinking cute diapers. They looked phenomenal on my son, and his little girlfriend Natalie. We got them with the bamboo inserts.

Well after the shoot, I decided to try this diaper out at nap time. And wow it did fine. That bamboo insert that it came with was trim and extremely absorbent. So then I decided to try it at night time. Not so well. We had leaks. I found I could not stuff it as well for night time use as other pocket diapers I have. But I figured, this diaper is wasted at night. It is too cute to use at night, so for daytime and nap time use, it is fine.

When I first tried this diaper out on my son, it retailed for around $34, making it the most expensive diaper I sell. But I could see the value in the materials, construction and the insert.

Then Blueberry decided to offer the diaper with microfiber inserts, with the option to upgrade to the bamboo insert, and that brought the price down dramatically to around $25 per diaper. Back in line with some of the better quality diapers that I stock in my store. A lot of the high cost of this diaper was the wonderful bamboo insert. So now we just offer the bamboo insert as an upgrade option. Is it worth doing the upgrade? In my opinion yes. Microfiber inserts can only absorb so much, and bamboo does a far better job. So if you can afford the upgrade, do it, you will end up with a diaper that functions better.

It is very hard to cover up this diaper. When I put them on Braden, I put it on with just a t-shirt. I can see the big advantage in baby legs with this diaper. Not really a baby legs person myself, but I can see the advantage in the cooler months to show off the cute diapers :)

The other thing this diaper does, is it leads to a rash of "butt patting". Braden's older brothers and myself cannot resist patting his cute super soft butt in this diaper :) It is also a great way to promote cloth diapering in general :) Even those who are very resistant to cloth diapering have a hard time resisting this diaper.

At the store we call this our "Cadillac" diaper. At least one is a must have in any stash. For dressing up baby in :) And those photo shoots :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cloth Diaper Retailer Cooperative Copyright © 2010 Cloth Diaper Retailer Cooperative