I have heard people say they would not cloth diaper without a sprayer. So what's the deal? How does it work?
When new parents come in to talk about cloth diapering, one of their first concerns is what to do with the poop. For newborns, their poop is water soluble and you just throw their diapers straight into the wash - no pre-cleaning required. But once they start solids, I always recommend a sprayer! There's nothing like trying to clean peanut-butter-consistency poop out of a diaper!
The diaper sprayer is similar to a sink sprayer except it hooks up to the tubing behind your toilet. (By the way, this is a great "dad gift" or a way to get dad into the whole cloth diaper thing. There's nothing like telling dad, "I'll pick out the diapers - you hook up the sprayer." They love that!) Plus it's super easy to hook up. It comes with detailed directions. My husband did it in just a few minutes. And hey, if he can do it, anyone can!
You can then use the sprayer to spray all poop remnants into the toilet. Whoever came up with this was a genius!
I now keep my diaper pail in the bathroom. I just carry all wet diapers to the pail. Dirty diapers I spray into the toilet and then drop them into the pail. This way I dont have to carry dripping dirty diapers back into the nursery.
Many cloth diaper brands have put their name on a sprayer that they sell. I found the Sigma Sprayer early on. It works superbly for a much cheaper price! Who can beat that? Name brand is nice - but for a sprayer? Plus I've found the Sigma company great to work with.
Here's what Sigma says about their sprayer:
Here's what we have to offer that you won't see in any of the competitors.
- We engineered our product from scratch to build the very best experience for our customers. A combined 14 years in the diaper sprayer business among our staff puts us at the top of the list.
- We guarantee a leak free design. How can we do this? By an anti-backflow device that is unique only to Sigma Products diaper sprayers.
- Our sprayers contain everything you need to install them. All you need are a pair of pliers and 5 minutes. We include the sprayer, all hoses, bracket, and mounting supplies.
- All of our sprayers have a variable flow knob that lets you adjust the spray to your preference, or you can turn it completely off after each time to keep curious toddlers from dousing the bathroom!
- You're doing your part to stay green and help the world. We here at Sigma Products back you 100% by maintaining a virtually paperless company and keeping packaging to a minimum.
1. Follow the Cloth Diaper Retailer Cooperative blog
2. Follow the Cloth Diaper Retailer Cooperative on Facebook
3. Follow Soft and Cozy Baby on Facebook
4. Follow Soft and Cozy Baby on Twitter
5. Visit Soft and Cozy Baby and find one exciting new product on our website.
6. Add yourself to Soft and Cozy Baby's mailing list
7. Retweet or share on Facebook about Soft and Cozy Baby or this giveaway
List each thing you did in the comments.
A winner will be chosen at random from the legitimate entries.
The contest ends July 30 at 11:59 pm
Soft and Cozy Baby